1. Provide high quality, nutritionally balanced, palatable foods at an affordable price.
2. Serve food that is safe and wholesome which has been stored and prepared according to proper food handling and sanitation procedures.
3. Utilize preparation methods that preserve nutritional quality of foods being served.
4. Utilize the Dietary Guidelines for Americans as the basis for planning menus and preparing meals.
5. Promote a pleasant, enjoyable, and clean eating environment for students, faculty, and others.
6. Foster an attitude of cooperation with parents, teachers, principals, and others who work closely with the department.
7. Respect the rights of students, parents, teachers, principals, and others when handling problems. Resolve confrontations in a professional, non-threatening manner.
8. Promote professional growth for the School Nutrition Program's personnel by providing appropriate educational opportunities and incentives.
9. Encourage and promote nutrition education and coordinate food service programs with classroom instruction.
10. Provide emergency food service support as directed by a competent authority.
11. Function under sound principles of good business management.