Auburn Middle School
Auburn Wildcat families:
I wanted to touch base with everyone and let you know that the yearbook is alive and well! We have made a couple changes to some of the pages to address the current events that are going on right now. Unfortunately, we were closed down prior to getting all of the pictures that we needed to fill out some of the regularly planned pages. Plus we need pictures to fill out these new pages that we have created.
So here is what I am asking for:
- Do you have pictures of your son or daughter at a school activity? Field trips, sports, dances, clubs, school programs, concerts?
- We could REALLY use some band/orchestra/chorus pictures! Even if it's of your son or daughter playing their instrument at home right now. Inside or outside is fine. Or maybe you took pictures at one of the music events, district auditions, tri-county concerts, etc. Group photos, single person photos, concerts photos, etc.
- And finally, for the COVID-19 pages we have 2 themes going on. One spread is going to be called " Social Distancing 101" Do you have a picture of your MS student that would exemplify that? The second is titled "What I did during the COVID-19 Quarantine" a play on the old fashioned back to school essay that we all had to write so long ago.... So please feel free to send pictures of things that your son or daughter is doing to keep busy during this time of social distancing, quarantine. Pictures could include kids with pets, playing card/board games, sports in/out of the house, hikes, working out, reading a book, cooking, artwork, crafts, etc.
The county has created a AMS yearbook email account to gather all of these pictures from everyone.
Please email your pictures to: AMSYearbook@fcps1schools.net
Here is the link to order your yearbook: Balfour.com
We have lowered our price back down to the original price, and the few people that paid on the new increased price will be getting a refund for the difference between the two prices. If you are one of those people, please be patient for the refund.
THANK YOU in advance for your help with making this year's yearbook complete!
AMS Yearbook Adviser
During this unprecedented time in history, the Internet Archive has temporarily suspended all waitlists, allowing you to immediately check out any of the 1.4 million books currently in their lending library. Until June 30th or the end of the US national emergency (whichever comes later), every borrowable book will be immediately accessible by anyone with a free account. Open Library
AMS PTO Open Board Postions
The Auburn middle PTO board will have openings for President, Vice President and Treasurer. Our elections will be held in April 2020. We invite any Auburn parent who is interested to submit their names the board. This can be done by emailing Sheryl Hohn at firstname.lastname@example.org, Renee Hopkins at email@example.com, Robin Honnick at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jenny Garcia at Ggirl823@aol.com.
Most of the current board members will no longer have students at Auburn Middle School this fall. It is very important to continue having a strong PTO with a commitment to serving the parents and teachers of Auburn Middle School.
If you have any questions or concerns, please let us know.
Beginning Monday, March 30, 2020, Fauquier County Public Schools will expand its grab-and-go meal distribution to include three new locations —Marsh Run Community, M.M. Pierce Elementary School and the Marshall Community Center. The program will also transition to a once-a-week distribution day on Mondays through the rest of the academic year.
Fauquier County Public Schools will provide grab-and-go meals for students from 10:30 a.m. – noon on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays beginning March 23, 2020. Each day of the program, students will be offered two sacks of food, each containing breakfast and lunch. Full participation in the program will provide students with up to six breakfast and lunch meals per week.
The novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to rapidly evolve, with two presumptive positive cases in Virginia as of March 8, 2020. While there are no reports of COVID-19 in Fauquier County, we have heard from families who are seeking guidance and expressing concerns. Fauquier County Public Schools continues to work closely with the Virginia Department of Health (VDH) in monitoring the status of the virus and is following current guidance from the VDH and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
*19-20 School Supply List
Find the 19-20 Auburn School Supply List here.
*Enrollment and Online Registration
- Please use our online enrollment page found here
- contact your base school for an enrollment appointment. For Auburn: 540-422-7415 OR AMSREGISTRAR@FCPS1.ORG.
Please complete your annual registration using your Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
Please visit the AMS PTO pages for contact information and events.