Auburn Middle School
Auburn Middle News
Please see the attached April Newsletter for Auburn PTO news.
- Wednesday, April 14 @ 6:30pm - PTO Meeting
- Tuesday, April 27 from 3-8pm Spirit Night at Effee’s
- May 3-7 Teacher Appreciation Week
***WE NEED YOU! Interested in serving in the Auburn MS Community? Please consider joining the AMS PTO Board OR a Committee for the 2021-2022 school year. Various positions available. Please contact us for further information: email@example.com
- For the second Spring Season the following sports will take place: Boys Cross Country beginning 4/12/21 and Girls Soccer and Baseball on 4/22/21. All students must have a VHSL Physical and Concussion History form on file with Mr. Anderson. Forms are located in the office and gym, or can be found on the Auburn Wildcats Sports website: http://www.auburnwildcats.bigteams.com/ .If you have any questions please email Jeff Anderson at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All students who are trying out for sports, must fill out a COVID symptom form. The form is completed electronically. The QR—Code can be scanned from your phone and completed. The QR—Code can be found in the cafeteria or gym entrance. The COVID symptom form must be completed EVERYDAY before you are allowed to practice. If you do not have a phone, please borrow a friends and complete the form. Each form has separate individual information. Athletes can now go to their Virtual Google PE Meet and fill out the Self Health Assessment Form. It is located under announcements.
Second Session: April-May
Tryouts when needed, will be will conducted for 3 days.
Girls Soccer: First Day of Tryouts 4/22/21: First Game: 5/6/21
Boys Baseball: First Day of Tryouts 4/22/21: First Game: 5/6/21
Boys Cross Country: First Day of Tryouts 4/12/21: First Meet: 5/5/21
AMS dates and information:
Greetings Wildcat Families!
Just a quick message to communicate some important information to our school community.
- Tuesday, April 6 will be the first day of in-person learning for secondary students (6-12). This week students are to attend classes Tuesday-Friday.
- Starting next week, week of April 12th, Wednesdays will be asynchronous days for students. Students will attend classes 4 days a week Mondays, Tuesday, Thursdays & Fridays.
- Please ensure students bring in their school issued chrome books fully charged daily
- Bell and lunch schedule will remain the same (please see attached for a copy of our Bell Schedule)
- Breakfast will be made available to students up until 7:40am.
- Meal bags- Hybrid Students Take-Home Meal Bags Tuesdays during bus dismissal. All other children Grab & Go Meal Bags Wednesdays 11-12.
- The Book fair runs April 6-16. We will be open for the physical fair during school hours and on Wednesday, April 14 from 8am - 1pm. Any student who wants to browse the fair privately may do so on that day. Student may also access our book fair virtually by using this link https://www.scholastic.com/bf/auburnmiddleschool
As always, if you have any questions please contact the school for clarification.
- Beginning on April 6th both cafeteria lines will be open for all students
- Only 1 student will be permitted through the lunch line at a time
- The FREE breakfast & lunch program will continue until the end of the 20-21 school year (1 meal each per child is offered)
- No “A la cart” or known as “Extras” will be sold to students until we are certain all students have the proper amount of time to eat once they have gone through the serving line. We will revisit this at a later date in April.
- In-school student THMB will be distributed on Tuesdays only during dismissal from the cafeteria and students will exit from the cafeteria doors to the bus loop or parent pick-up
- THMB will consist of 3 full reimbursable meals & a 5 day after school snack pack
- G&G will remain a drive though service on Wednesday’s 11:00-12:00 for any child living in Fauquier county and are between the ages of 2-18 (pre-school, 100% virtual, homeschool, private school, college)
- Tuesday & Wednesday Meal Bag distribution schedule will not change unless inclement weather or school cancelations
Congratulations to the Auburn Middle School 2020-2021 Teacher of the Year: Patricia Walker!
Lisa Jones, a third-grade teacher at C. Hunter Ritchie Elementary School, Wendy Miller, a preschool teacher at W.G. Coleman Elementary School and France ter Weele, a world language teacher at Taylor Middle School and Cedar Lee Middle School, have been named National Board Certified Teachers (NBCTs). Out of the 25 Board disciplines, Jones earned certification in Middle Childhood Generalist, Miller earned certification in Early Childhood Generalist and ter Weele earned certification in World Languages.
The Fauquier County Public Schools Division Spelling Bee will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021, at 10 a.m. In the event of school cancellation, the bee will take place on Wednesday, March 3, 2021. Unlike previous years, competing students will receive instructions from their school bee coordinator for reporting to their individual schools by 9 a.m. to register and log into the virtual platform. The bee will be livestreamed for public viewing at www.fcps1.org/spellingbee.
Fauquier County Public Schools has named Mrs. Denise L. Sandlin as its new assistant superintendent for business and planning. Dr. David Jeck, division superintendent, announced her appointment during the Fauquier County School Board meeting on February 8. Effective February 15, Sandlin, 62, will fill the position vacated in December by Prashant Shrestha.
It did not take long for FCPS educators to receive their first shots once Governor Northam announced that K12 teachers/staff would be included in the 1B group of essential workers. Within a week, the first doses of the Moderna vaccine were administered to school division staff. Days later, hundreds of FCPS educators had received their vaccine, with hundreds of more vaccinations scheduled.
*Enrollment and Online Registration
NEW FAMILIES -
- Please use our online enrollment page found here
- contact your base school for an enrollment appointment. For Auburn: 540-422-7415 OR AMSREGISTRAR@FCPS1.ORG.
CURRENT FAMILIES -
Please complete your annual registration using your Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
Please visit the AMS PTO pages for contact information and events.