Auburn Middle School
AMS information for parents and students:
Check out the VA Department of Health Guidelines for Evaluating a Child with Covid-19 Symptoms or Exposure at:
Information includes parent advice if your child shows signs of illness. These guidelines will be used by FCPS school nurses for student assessment, dismissal, and return to school.
- Tuesday, November 3rd is a holiday and there is no school.
- Wednesday, November 4th the school will be open from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM for 6th graders and new students only to come in and walk through their class schedule to become familiarized with the building prior to returning to school on Monday, November 9th.
- Thursday, November 5th and Friday, November 6th will change to asynchronous days of learning to give teachers time to prepare classrooms for the welcoming back of students on Monday, November 9th. Stay tuned for additional information about this transition.
- For the 2020-2021 school year only, students in grades 3-12 will have the option to select a P (pass) as a final grade in a successfully completed course in lieu of a letter grade that denotes a passing grade (i.e., A, B, C, or D).As some middle school classes end at the end of each quarter and semester, students will be required to fill out this form for each quarter or semester for Encore (rotation/elective) classes. This form is only for Encore classes, however, there will be a chance at the end of the year to select a grade for Core (Math, Science, etc.) classes.
- Please note, the default grade to be assigned for the interim, quarter, semester, and final grade is a letter grade to reflect the student’s level of progress (i.e. A, B, C, or D).*𝑺𝒕𝒖𝒅𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒏𝒆𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒊𝒍𝒍 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒔 𝒇𝒐𝒓𝒎 𝒊𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒚 𝒑𝒓𝒆𝒇𝒆𝒓 𝒂 𝑷𝒂𝒔𝒔 (𝑷) 𝒓𝒂𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒊𝒓 𝒇𝒊𝒏𝒂𝒍 𝒍𝒆𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒈𝒓𝒂𝒅𝒆.* Please use this link to complete the form. https://forms.gle/rBqJVeUpcCwdbvty9
Attention 7th grade parents:
Per VA Department of Education guidelines, free vision and hearing screenings are offered to all students in 7th grade. Current COVID restrictions prevent a mass screening event. However, the school nurse will be individually screening all 7th graders following all mitigation and cleaning guidelines. Student time away from instruction will be minimized. Parents will be notified if their student fails either the vision or hearing screening. IF YOU DO NOT WANT YOUR STUDENT SCREENED, please notify the school nurse by phone at 540-422-7416 OR by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 16.
AMS PTO Information:
Auburn's PTO has created a Direct Donation Campaign. They have a goal of raising $6,000 to help fund the various aspects of the PTO. This school year a portion of your donation will go towards providing teacher resources for virtual & in-person learning.
You can donate online through your banking app using Zelle (send to email@example.com) or by dropping off or mailing cash or a check to AMS PTO @ 7270 Riley Rd. Warrenton, VA 20187. ANY donation amount is GREATLY appreciated!
Update: Thank you to those who have already donated to Auburn PTO's Direct Donation Campaign. The fundraiser is now being extended an extra week - until Friday, October 30. The PTO has also added additional electronic donation methods using Venmo & PayPal. Please see below:
- Venmo (Auburn Middle PTO)-you will also see the treasurer’s name associated with this account & you may be asked to verify the last 4 digits of the Auburn Middle PTO phone number (0006)
- PayPal (auburnpto)
- Zelle (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Cash or check mailed to or dropped off at school: 7270 Riley Rd. Warrenton, VA 20187
Let’s help the PTO reach their goal of $6,000! ANY donation amount is GREATLY appreciated! Thank you for your support!
-IMPORTANT EMAILS TO WHITELIST
Parents, please whitelist the following emails, which may help ensure delivery.
Emails to Whitelist:
Whitelist instructions can be found below:
Businesses, schools and families alike have felt the impact of COVID-19. Yet since the start of September, Fauquier businesses have donated food, time and resources to show their appreciation for the hard-working educators at Fauquier County Public Schools.
Fauquier County Public Schools has extended the reopening survey deadline through Friday, October 9. The school division is administering the survey so families can select their preferred instructional model and transportation needs for the November 9 reopening.
Brittany Hundley, a third-grade teacher at Greenville Elementary School, has been selected as the Superintendent’s Innovator of the Year for 2020. The award is designed to recognize the outstanding efforts of a teacher who incorporates innovation into instruction. Seven teachers were named finalists for the Superintendent’s Innovation Award - Catherine Croft, Michele Dass, Bill Davidson, Brad McCabe, Chris Pierce, Emily Scott, and Michelle Smith. The top innovator earns $500, and each finalist receives a $200 award for his or her classroom.
The National Association for Gifted Children (NAGC) has named Ladona Gorham, FCPS Instructional Supervisor for Gifted Education and Fine Arts, as the 2020 Gifted Coordinator Award recipient. NAGC presents this award to a gifted coordinator/administrator who has had a significant and positive impact on the gifted students in their district. Gorham will be honored at a virtual celebration of excellence during the NAGC 67th Annual Convention in November.
*Enrollment and Online Registration
NEW FAMILIES -
- Please use our online enrollment page found here
- contact your base school for an enrollment appointment. For Auburn: 540-422-7415 OR AMSREGISTRAR@FCPS1.ORG.
CURRENT FAMILIES -
Please complete your annual registration using your Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
Please visit the AMS PTO pages for contact information and events.