STEM ACADEMY PROGRAMS
Fauquier County Public Schools is proud to host 3 unique academies to prepare students for STEM careers through hands-on experiences, cross-curricular studies, industry certifications, and extracurricular opportunities. Academy students may receive medals, honor cords, certificates, and/or diploma seals at graduation if all requirements are completed.
Do you have questions about our academies? On the fence about applying?
Watch our Webinar here: https://youtu.be/VAzb4CpoA9E
Our STEM Academies:
- The Cyber Security Academy at Liberty High School - Director: Jon Clark
- The Environmental Studies Academy at Fauquier High School - Director: Jon Kraut
- The iSTEM Academy at Kettle Run High School - Director: Bill Davidson
- Each academy has a director who oversees the students, curriculum, and opportunities for that academy.
- Each program has a series of required courses students must complete before graduation along with a variety of recommended courses students can use to personalize their experience.
- Any rising 9th grader with an interest in any of these academies may apply. Students selected to attend an academy away from their base school will be provided transportation to travel before school, during lunch, and/or after school depending on their academy. Students who do not attend the high school where their academy is located will be half day travel students much like our students who currently travel to other schools for JROTC and CTE programs. These students may be able to take other courses outside of the academy while at their travel schools and in a given year, they may travel during one or both terms depending on course schedules.