KETTLE RUN SCIENCE CLUB & HONOR SOCIETY
Sponsors: Mrs. Kelsey
KRHS Science Club
This club is open to all Kettle Run students who enjoy science. There is no grade requirement, and while Science Club members may choose to participate in most Honor Society meetings and activities, their participation is not required.
Science National Honor Society (SNHS) - Kettle Run HS Chapter
This honor society is only open to juniors and seniors at Kettle Run. Seniors who have met all requirements may wear cords at graduation. You can learn more about SNHS on their national website or speak with Mrs. Correll. Meetings are every other Wednesday from 2:45-3:30 in room 453.
All SNHS Members pledge to:
- Encourage and recognize scientific and intellectual thought
- Advance the students’ knowledge of classical and modern science
- Communicate with the scientific community
- Aid the civic community with its comprehension of science
- Encourage students to participate in community service and in turn, encourage a dedication to the pursuit of scientific knowledge that benefits all humankind
- SciNHS members must maintain an overall 3.25 GPA (weighted) and a 3.0 science GPA (unweighted).
- A member must be enrolled in at least one second year honors or upper level science class during or prior to the twelfth grade year.
- A student who transfers to Kettle Run High School in their junior year must complete one academic year at Kettle Run High School to be considered for membership.
- Members shall attend a minimum of 1 meeting a month.
- Members shall participate annually in a minimum of ten (10) hours of club-related community service deemed appropriate by chapter advisors (Tutoring, Greenville Visits, etc.).
- Members must pay a one time $10 membership fee.
“That you may, in your generation, be fit to compare to a candle; that you may, like it, shine as lights to those about you.” – Michael Faraday