Release of Kindergarten through Third Grade Students from the bus:
At the end of the school day, bus drivers will only release kindergarten through third grade students from the bus at the assigned stop when a parent or guardian is present at the stop to escort the student.
To request an exception to this rule, the parent or guardian shall submit a written release authorizing the school to release the student and
a. the names of other adults or siblings who are permitted to escort the student; or that
b. the student may be released without an escort.
This waiver should be signed by the principal, or designee,maintained on file in the office, and faxed to the Transportation Office. Transportation will notify the driver.
Frequently Asked Questions
Drivers check their buses after every run. If an item is found, it is usually returned to the school at the earliest convenient time or to the student the next morning. If you are still unable to locate the item, you can call the Transportation Dispatch office at 540-422-7240.
The Special Education Transportation Department does not accept transportation requests over the phone. Transportation requests and changes must be coordinated through the Special Education Department or the administrative office at your school.
Students should arrive at the bus stop at 5-10 minutes before the scheduled arrival time. If the bus is more than 20 minutes late, you should contact the Transportation Dispatch office at 540-422-7240.
Driving Our Future!
Fauquier County Public Schools
- School Bus Drivers & Aides Needed
- Full & Part-Time
- Driver Starting Pay - $20.00/hr
- Aide Starting Pay - $15.00/hr
- Paid Behind the Wheel Training
- Health Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- VRS Retirement System
- Sick Leave
Upon completion of training and contracted employment, your children may ride with you (subject to limitations)
- Good Driving Record with Positive Points
- Minium 21 years old (Drivers)
- Pass Required Federal Background Check
- Pass a Pre-Employment Physical & Drug Screen - yearly thereafter
- Enjoy Working with Kids
For Questions about the Training Program, Call: 540-422-7247
Applicants/ Trainees Receive the Following Curriculum:
Trainees Receive the Following Curriculum:
- Preparation for a Commercial Drivers License (per Virginia DMV Regulations)
- Virginia State Department of Education Guide
- Classroom 28 hours minimum
- Behind the Wheel, 24 hours minimum
- Skills Test per DMV Requirements
- Licensing by DMV
- 10 Hours behind the wheel evaluation with students on-board
- First Aid and CPR
- Fauquier County Public Schools Substance Abuse Policy Regulation