School Counseling Information
Fauquier High School Counseling Department
COUNSELING OFFICE HOURS:
7:15AM - 3:15PM
To see your counselor click on the link above or come to the Counseling Office and fill out a yellow form "Request to See Counselor" or scan the QR code outside of the Counseling Office doors.
Freshman and Sophomores interested in attending Moutain Vista Governor's School (MVGS). There will be a student interest meeting on Thursday, November 4th (change in date) @ 7:30AM - 8:00AM in the FHS Auditorium. Students will need to sign up for this meeting in the Counseling Office or online CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP
SCHOLARSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE ON THE "SCHOLARSHIP" TAB. MORE BEING ADDED AS THEY ARE RECEIVED.
October 20th - FAFSA Workshop at 6PM - for parents that need individual help filling out the FAFSA form. Sign up CLICK HERE.
October 26th - PSAT - All sophomores and juniors who signed up.
November 5th - Freshman and Sophomores interested in attending MVGS meeting. 7:30AM in the FHS Auditorium. Students need to sign up (see above). *Change of date
Cameron's Collection - a new collection of e-books to support mental health and wellness for teens. Over 100 e-books are available on a variety of topics like depression, anxiety, eating disorders, relationship troubles, and so much more! Students can access the books in the privacy of their own homes, 24/7.
If you need a password: schools
*The Mental Health Association of Fauquier County (mhafc1) is a great resource during these uncertain times. There is a tab at the top of their page for Special Resources Related to COVID-19. The staff is working remotely and is still providing information and referral services. You may also follow the Mental Health Assoc. of Fauquier County on TWITTER @mhafc1.
Terrific resource for students and parents/guardians!
Be sure to check out the Newsletter from Mrs. Belinda Knudson, Career Coach, on the College & Career Counseling tab.
- Develop in self-understanding with regard to their values, abilities, interests, and aptitudes;
- Select a program of studies, which will enable them to attain marketable skills and/or further their education;
- Receive occupational and educational information with which to make appropriate education and career choices;
- Understand the process of decision-making and the need to accept the consequences of decisions;
- Gain an appreciation for discipline, respect for authority, and tolerance towards others;
- Be prepared to enter society as responsible and productive citizens, upon graduation.