Auburn Middle School
Auburn Middle News
AMS portrait retake day is scheduled on March 3rd. Virtual student link:
You will receive the link to preorder pictures with their appointment confirmation email. Here's the link :
Parent questions or concerns regarding portraits can be directed to email@example.com.
AMS dates and information:
- Wednesday, March 3 will be a B day. Hybrid students in the B group will report to school, and virtual students in the B group will log in to their classes for synchronous learning. Meanwhile, both hybrid students in the A group and virtual students in the A group will learn asynchronously.
- Wednesday, March 10 will be a B day. Hybrid students in the B group will report to school, and virtual students in the B group will log in to their classes for synchronous learning. Meanwhile, both hybrid students in the A group and virtual students in the A group will learn asynchronously.
- Friday, March 12 will be an asynchronous day for all students.
- Spring Break will begin on Monday, March 29, and last through Friday, April 2.
- April 5 will be an asynchronous day for all students. Teachers and staff will use this day to prepare for four days a week of in-person learning.
- Tuesday, April 6 will be the first day of in-person learning (four days per week) for secondary students (6-12).
If your child is planning on trying out for a middle school sport this spring please fill out this short questionnaire to help us plan and prepare for the upcoming tryouts: Spring Sports Survey
Girls Softball and Boys Soccer will begin on 3/8/21 and Girls Cross Country on 3/1/21. For the second Spring Season the following sports will take place: Boys Cross Country will begin on 4/12/21, Girls Soccer on 4/22/21, and Boys Baseball on 4/22/21. All students must have a VHSL Physical and Concussion History form on file with Mr. Anderson. Forms are located in the office and gym, or can be found on the Auburn Wildcats Sports website: www.auburnwildcats.bigteams.com. If you have any questions please email Jeff Anderson at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hello Wildcat families!
PTO newsletter and Spirit Day Flyer attached below.
• 3/10 (Wednesday @6:30pm) PTO meeting & Town Hall Q&A. Submit questions ahead of time regarding 4 day/week learning: https://forms.gle/nx1XGU5FydTa4Ljg6
• 3/12 (Friday) All donations collected for PTO Raffle Fundraiser. Please consider donating: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/20F0F48ACA823A2F49-bring
• 3/22-23 (Monday & Tuesday) Spirit Days at Jersey Mike’s Subs
• 3/24 (Wednesday @6:30pm) Virtual Raffle!
Congratulations to the Auburn Middle School 2020-2021 Teacher of the Year: Patricia Walker!
The Fauquier County Public Schools Division Spelling Bee will be held on Wednesday, Feb. 24, 2021, at 10 a.m. In the event of school cancellation, the bee will take place on Wednesday, March 3, 2021. Unlike previous years, competing students will receive instructions from their school bee coordinator for reporting to their individual schools by 9 a.m. to register and log into the virtual platform. The bee will be livestreamed for public viewing at www.fcps1.org/spellingbee.
Fauquier County Public Schools has named Mrs. Denise L. Sandlin as its new assistant superintendent for business and planning. Dr. David Jeck, division superintendent, announced her appointment during the Fauquier County School Board meeting on February 8. Effective February 15, Sandlin, 62, will fill the position vacated in December by Prashant Shrestha.
It did not take long for FCPS educators to receive their first shots once Governor Northam announced that K12 teachers/staff would be included in the 1B group of essential workers. Within a week, the first doses of the Moderna vaccine were administered to school division staff. Days later, hundreds of FCPS educators had received their vaccine, with hundreds of more vaccinations scheduled.
*Enrollment and Online Registration
NEW FAMILIES -
- Please use our online enrollment page found here
- contact your base school for an enrollment appointment. For Auburn: 540-422-7415 OR AMSREGISTRAR@FCPS1.ORG.
CURRENT FAMILIES -
Please complete your annual registration using your Infinite Campus Parent Portal.
Please visit the AMS PTO pages for contact information and events.