* Your school counselor will play an important role in your high school career and beyond. Get to know your school counselor.
* You will be taking the PSAT test in October.
* Continue to explore extracurricular activities in and outside of school. Focus in on a few of them. Quality of involvement is more important than quantity.
* Keep your activity resume up to date. Note your activities and meaningful experiences.
* If you are interested in attending a military academy, begin to research the academy and get information.
* Read a book or two for fun! Those students who read typically score high on standarized tests.
Visit the site College-Prep 101 for information on college planning. There are timelines/checklists for each high school grade level, section for college terminology, and much more.