Open now! The Building Leaders for Advancing Science and Technology (BLAST) program offers an exciting, on-campus summer experience designed to increase student interest and curiosity in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM). Application opens November 15, 2019! www.blast.spacegrant.org
College Planning Timeline
- Get involved! Begin to explore extracurricular activities and/or volunteer opportunities. See what sparks your interest.
- Start building your activity resume with a focus on quality, not just quantity.
- Be sure to keep track of your activities including the type of activities, time involved, and leadership.
- Your high school transcript begins now - start building a strong one. Study hard!
- Become aware of NCAA requirements if you are interested in playing sports in college.
- READ! The best way to improve your vocabulary and comprehension is to ready a lot. This may help you achieve a high SAT/ACT score.
Visit the site College-Prep 101 for information on college planning. There are timelines/checklists for each high school grade level, section for college terminology, and much more.
If your freshman child is having a difficult time adjusting to high school, pleae have him/her contact their school counselor. The students should come to Guidance and fill out a "Request to See Counselor" form. The counselor will send a pass to the teacher to send the student at an appropriate time. Any questions, feel free to call the Guidance Department at 540-422-7307.