Exploration of Colleges and Careers
- Make sure to meet your school counselor to talk about options and to pick the right mix of classes;
- Get involved with groups, clubs, and teams that interest you. Remember to keep track of activities and achievements so you can highlight them later on a resume and/or college application;
- Get off to a good start with your grades because they will impact your GPA and class rank;
- Explore your interests and possible careers with your career coach;
- Talk to your family about a college savings plan;
- Begin to earn about colleges through websites and resources in the counseling office;
- Consider taking a career assessment through the Virginia Wizard (vawizard.org).