Is your child too sick for school?
According to the Fauquier County Public Schools Policy, the following guidelines are in place for keeping your student home.
- Fever- 100 degrees. Child must be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to school.
- Active vomiting within 24 hours.
- Continuing diarrhea within 24 hours
- Swollen or painful joints from injury
- Severe earaches or other uncontrollable pain
- Untreated draining wounds
- Suspected contagious disease.
- Chicken Pox- return 5-7 days after eruption or last vesicles dry
- Conjunctivitis- associated with purulent drainage. Return after 24 hours of treatment.
- Head lice- return after proof of treatment
- Scabies- return after 24 hours of treatment
- Impetigo- return after 24 hours of treatment
- Of skin: return after treatment initiated. Cover affected area.
- Of scalp: physician evaluation and oral treatment required prior to return
- Strep Throat- must be on antibiotic for 24 hours prior to return
- Any nasal discharge that is green or yellow
- Any undiagnosed skin rashes
- Any injury or illness requiring further treatment
- Suspected substance abuse
- Coughing constantly
- Flu-like symptoms such as body aches, cold symptoms, coughs, fever, nausea, and vomiting
We hope this helps. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping our school healthy!
Kelly Piselli, RN