Digital Resource Review Process
The above image depicts the process for reviewing a submitted digital resource. The process shown is
- (Item 1 in picture) FCPS staff discovers a digital resource that he/she feels is valuable.
- (Item 2 in picture) FCPS staff searches the FCPS Digital Resource list to see if the resource has already been reviewed.
- If it hasn't, then the submission form should be filled out so it can be added to the review process queue.
- (Item 3 in picture) If the resource uses and/or creates student data then it needs to be reviewed by the Policy team (item 3a in the picture). If the resources does not use and/or crfeate student data then it needs to be reviewed by the Resource and Technology teams (item 3b in the picture).
- (Item 3a in picture) The Policy team reviews privacy and terms including requesting vendor sign the FCPS Data Protection Addendum. If the privacy or terms are not acceptible, the resource is not approved (path to item 5 in picture). If the privacy and terms are acceptable, then the Resource and Technology teams review (item 3b in picture).
- (Item 3b in picture) The Resource and Technology teams review the resource for instructional value, and impact on infrastructure. If not acceptable, the resources is not approved (path to item 5 in picture). If the resource is acceptable it is approved for use (item 4 in picture)