School Nutrition Reminders for Families
Fauquier County Public Schools and the School Nutrition Program are here to support our families in any way possible. We understand that circumstances can change and temporarily or long-term support may be needed. Please review the following reminders:
- Any student who requests a breakfast and or lunch will be provided with a reimbursable meal (of their choice) regardless if there is money on the student’s school meal account to pay. However, students with insufficient funds in their account will not be permitted to charge partial meals or a la carte items.
- If you are a family experiencing financial hardship, even if only temporary, you may apply now for free or reduced-priced meals based on your current pay. This also pertains to families affected by the recent partial shutdown of the federal government. Please complete a Free and Reduce Priced Meal Application available on the school website at the link below or by requesting a form from your student’s school front office or school cafeteria. Applications will be processed promptly by the school nutrition program central office. If you have questions, please call school nutrition at 540-422-7220.
- If you are a family experiencing financial hardship, even if only temporary, and are receiving TANF or SNAP assistance (formerly food stamps), you may apply for school meal benefits based on receiving this benefit.
- If you were denied benefits previously or are receiving meals at a reduced price and your income has decreased, even if only temporarily, please call the school nutrition central office at 540-422-7221 so we may assist you and update your application.
- If you wish to request temporary assistance only and do not want to complete a meal application, please call the school nutrition central office at 540-422-7221.
- Once approved for school meal benefits, your student’s benefit status will continue until September 29, 2019, unless you request to be removed from the program.