Cedar Lee MS
Grace Miller ES
H.M. Pearson ES
J.G. Brumfield ES
Mary Walter ES
M.M. Pierce ES
All Custodial Support
C.M. Bradley ES
C.H. Ritchie ES
Kettle Run HS
P.B. Smith ES
W.G. Coleman ES
What does an Area Building Manager do for FCPS?
- Coordinates and oversee construction, maintenance, repair of buildings, facilities and grounds; oversee daily operations of facilities.
- In coordination with the construction and facilities director, develops and implements short and long term construction and maintenance plans
- Conducts routine inspections and assessments of school facilities and associated plant systems.
- Oversees and coordinates maintenance support and preventative maintenance functions
- Oversees administration of the Unified Services Agreement with Fauquier County and ensures performance standards are met. Provides oversight, coordination and management of regulatory compliance inspection programs (i.e., annual fire marshal inspections, sprinkler inspections, safety audits).
- Manages construction, renovations, and systems replacement projects for existing school facilities from conception and plan review to final warranty repairs.
- Surveys facilities for energy efficiency, and coordinates implementation of improvements with facilities director, maintenance staff, school administrators, custodians, utility companies and other stakeholders.
- Communicates and coordinates projects/activities with construction director, facility director, administration, contractors and regulatory agencies.
- Acts as liaison with school administration on all facilities related issues and determines appropriate action necessary to ensure a continuously operated and fully compliant instructional environment.