Scholarships - Class of 2023
IMPORTANT! A rep from Northern Piedmont Community Foundation (NPCF Scholarship #51) will be coming to FHS on January 31st during homeroom (10:32 - 11:02) to help/assist any senior who would like to work on their NCPF scholarships (28 scholarships) application and get any questions answered. Sign up in the counseling office or one of the QR codes outside the counseling office doors.
Scholarships - Any questions, please email Mrs. Barbara Snyder or call 540-422-7307.
Additional information on scholarships, including scams, can be found at https://finaid.org.
Did you know that there are two types of scholarships?
1. National scholarships - These are open to students across the country.
2. Local scholarships - These are more specific to Fauquier High School and Fauquier County.
Newsletter from StudentScholarships.org. Contains various national scholarships with deadlines fast approaching. Updated periodically.
Scholarship search sites:
College Board: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org
US Dept. of Labor: www.careeronestop.org/Toolkit/Training/find-scholarships.aspx
Golden Door Scholars: www.goldendoorscholars.org
Women in Aviation - Scholarships for women interested in Aerospace Engineering, Dispatcher/Air Traffic Control, Flight/Pilot, Aviation Maintenance, and more.
LIST OF SCHOLARSHIPS - CLICK HERE Paper copies of the scholarships are available in the Counseling Office) Please be aware of DEADLINES!
3. Nursing Scholarships - Check the Johnson & Johnson site for a variety of nursing scholarships. CLICK HERE
8. AES Engineers Scholarship - Everyone is welcome to apply. Do not need to be taking Engineering courses to be eligible. CLICK HERE
10. Elks Scholarship Program - Legacy Award - Any child/grandchild of an active Elk in good standing. CLICK HERE
12. North American Van Lines Logistics Scholarship - Undergraduate degree in Logistics or equivalent field. CLICK HERE
16. B. Davis Scholarship - Everyone is welcome to apply. CLICK HERE
18. Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU) List of Scholarships - HBCU. CLICK HERE
21. John R. Lillard Foundation Aviation Scholarship - GPA of at least 3.50, planning a career in the aviation industry. CLICK HERE
22. Kenneth R. Scott Aviation Scholarship - GPA of at least 3.50, planning a career in the field of aviation. CLICK HERE
23. Captain Earle Worley Scholarship - Planning to study aeronautics, aerospace, aviation or related engineering. CLICK HERE
26. American Indians Scholarships - CLICK HERE
27. SAT Practice Khan Adademy - BigFuture Scholarship: Everyone!! CLICK HERE
28. Willard G. Plentl Sr. Aviation Scholarship - Career in Aviation. CLICK HERE
29. Gloria Wille Bell and Carlos R. Bell Scholarship - University of Michigan. CLICK HERE
30. Abbott and Fenner Scholarship - All high school juniors and seniors. CLICK HERE
31. Criminal Justice Programs - CLICK HERE
33. USDA/1890 National Scholars Program Scholarship - Attending Land-Grant University -Agriculture related field. CLICK HERE
34. Valhen 2023 Scholarship Program - Must be of Latino/Hispanic Heritage. CLICK HERE
35. Old Rag Master Naturalist 2023 Scholarship - Local Scholarship/Environmental - APPLICATION (also available in the Counseling Office)
36. UVA Community Credit Union Scholarship - Everyone is welcome to apply! CLICK HERE
38. Sadie O. Embry Scholarship - Everyone is welcome to apply. APPLICATION (also available in the Counseling Office)
39. FEEA Scholarship - Parent/Guardian full- or part-time permanent civilian federal or postal employee. CLICK HERE
40. Stage Alive Community Concert Association Scholarship - Students pursuing musical studies. Application will be posted shortly.
42. Roy A. Pool, Jr. Memorial Scholarship - Administered via The Falcon Booster Club - FHS student athletics - CLICK HERE
43. FHS Booster Club Athletic Scholarships - FHS student athletics - CLICK HERE
44. ACS Scholars Program American Chemical Society - US citizen, African descent or Black, Hispanic or Latina, or Indigenous. CLICK HERE
45. University of Virginia Community Credit Union - Everyone is eligible! - CLICK HERE
46. Betty Ann O'Leary Scholarship - Planning on attending a Virginia community college - CLICK HERE
47. Irene Pilcher Perrow Scholarship - Has a financial need and academic background to attend a college/university in the U.S. - CLICK HERE
48. Watkins C. Smith Scholarship - Further their education in a vocation or trade - CLICK HERE
49. George E. Allen Academic Scholarship - Plans to further their education in nursing, business, trade, technical training, or similar program. Opens Dec. 5th - CLICK HERE
50. Horatio Alger Scholarship - U.S. Citizen, adjusted gross family income of $55,000 or less. CLICK HERE
51. Northern Piedmont Community Foundation - 23 LOCAL SCHOLARSHIPS! - "One Stop Shopping" - Application will open December 16th! Stay tuned... CLICK HERE for scholarship descriptions in detail. CLICK HERE for a condensed description of scholarships.
52. NAACP Fauquier County Branch - GPA 2.5 +; awarded for academic achievement, outstanding citizenship, leadership, service, and extracurricular activities. Everyone is welcome to apply. CLICK HERE
53. Leeds Ruritan Club - Seniors living in Delaplane, Hume, Markham, Marshall, and/or Orlean area. CLICK HERE
54. Apple Scholarships - need to be a member of Apple Federal Credit Union. CLICK HERE
56. Kaiser Permanente Health Equity Scholarship - Demonstrated interest in pursuing a clinical or non-clinical career in the health industry. CLICK HERE
57. Information Security Undergraduate Scholarship - Pursuing a degree with a focus on cybersecurity, information assurance or similar field. CLICK HERE
58. 2023 Civics Essay Contest - Open for EVERYONE! Essay - CLICK HERE
60. Alpha Delta Kappa (ADK) Memorial Scholarship - Parent/Guardian must be an employee of Fauquier County School System - CLICK HERE
61. The Plains Community League Scholarship - Must live in The Plains zip code of 20198 - CLICK HERE
62. J. Richard Winter Scholarship - Write essay about your service to your church, community, school, etc. - CLICK HERE
63. Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation - Child of a Marine or a Navy Corpsman, Chaplain or Religious Programs specialist attached to a Marine unit - CLICK HERE
64. Brown Hudner Navy Scholarship Foundation - Child of an active duty, reserve, honorably discharged, or fallen Sailor - CLICK HERE
65. Edmonds Memorial Scholarship - Everyone welcome to apply - CLICK HERE
66. Virginia Assoc. of Soil & Water Conservation Educational Foundation - Environmental Studies - CLICK HERE
67. Addition to Warrenton Lakes Association (AWLA) - Must live in AWLA - CLICK HERE
68. WISER Scholarship for Higher Education - Applicant must have documented learning and/or accessibility needs - CLICK HERE
69. Charles L. Plante Book Scholarship - Must reside in the Coleman and Thompson Elementary attendance zones. CLICK HERE
70. Eura Lewis Scholarship - Student in need - CLICK HERE
71. CCC Ruritans Scholarship - Essay - everyone! - CLICK HERE