Fauquier County Public Schools Records Center


    The Virginia State Department of Education specifies certain information which must be kept as part of a student's educational record in his/her Cumulative Folder. The Cumulative Folder may also contain grades, shot records and other educational information.

    A descriptive listing of all types of school system forms which may be a part of a student's record is available at each school for public review.

    The Student Records Department only houses INACTIVE student files. ACTIVE student files are held at the student's school where they attend.


    To obtain your school transcript:

    Written and signed requests may be mailed to the address above. You may also request records in person at the above address.

    Transcripts may be picked up between 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM in Building B, Room 6 of the Central Complex next to Taylor Middle School. Be sure to include your full name at the time of graduation, the school and year in which you graduated or last attended, the last four digits of your Social Security number, and your birthdate. If you are 18 years of age or older, you must sign a release form giving Fauquier County Public Schools authorization to release your school documents. If the student is under 18, a parent or custodian must sign the request. Identification such as a driver's license, birth certificate, or the last four digits of the Social Security number must be provided to prove identity.


    We regret that it is necessary to levy a fee of $5.00 per transcript, but certain conditions warrant a charge. Transcript procedures involve researching records, making copies, and mailing information to a receiving agency or individual making the request. The Records Center will accept personal checks made out to Fauquier County Public Schools with proper identification. We will also accept cash or money order. The Records Center is only equipped to accept EXACT CHANGEThe Records Center does not accept credit or debit cards at this time.


    Student Records can verbally verify graduation by phone, mail, or fax a signed, written request to the number or address above. Be sure to include your full name at the time of graduation, the school and year of graduation, your birthdate, and a contact number.


    Parents, guardians, or a student (18 or older) may challenge an item in the student's record by contacting the school principal. If a further challenge is necessary after a principal has reviewed the item, appeals may be made to:

    • The Principal
    • The Assistant Superintendent of Instruction
    • The Fauquier County Board of Education
    • The U.S. Department of Education

    If the matter remains unresolved, the parents, guardians, or student may have their own related statement included in the student's record.