Skip To Main Content

Student Records

Fauquier County Public Schools records requests from UNIVERSITIES, CORPORATIONS and ATTORNEYS will be fulfilled online ONLY.  The Records Center will no longer accept such records requests via telephone or mail. Fauquier County Public Schools will no longer honor transcript requests made via third-party transcript providers such as "Need my Transcript." These requests will be returned to the sender. 

The Virginia State Department of Education specifies certain information which must be kept as part of a student's educational record in his/her Cumulative Folder. The Cumulative Folder may also contain grades, shot records and other educational information.

A descriptive listing of all types of school system forms which may be a part of a student's record is available at each school for public review.

The Student Records Department only houses INACTIVE student files. ACTIVE student files are held at the student's school where they attend.

To obtain former student record(s), you now have two options: online or walk-in service. (Excluding Replacement Diplomas & GED.)


Parents, guardians, or a student (18 or older) may challenge an item in the student's record by contacting the school principal. If a further challenge is necessary after a principal has reviewed the item, appeals may be made to:

  • The Principal
  • The Assistant Superintendent of Instruction
  • The Fauquier County Board of Education
  • The U.S. Department of Education

If the matter remains unresolved, the parents, guardians, or student may have their own related statement included in the student's record.

For specific questions and concerns, please contact us at