Mary Walter Elementary School Clinic News
Clinic Phone: 540-422-7715
Office Fax: 540-422-7729
Hello Mary Walter School Families,
Welcome back to another school year! There are a few county policies that I wanted to remind our families of to have a safe and healthy school year.
All medication, including over the counter medicines, must be brought to the clinic by an adult.
- The Authorization for Medication Administration form must be completed by your child’s physician for all prescription drugs or by a parent or guardian for over-the-counter medications.
- Any over-the-counter medications must be in a new sealed container and only the recommended dose on the label can be given at school unless your physician requests in writing a different dose for your child.
- The authorization form itself can be found on the Fauquier Country Public Schools website and in the school clinic.
Any child with a medical condition that needs attention at school will need to have a new care plan filled out annually if there are medications involved. Asthma, allergy, diabetic and seizure care plans need an annual renewal by your physician because of the medication orders. Care plan forms are available in the clinic to be completed by your child’s physician.
- Any child with a temperature of 100 degrees or more must be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to school
- A child must have no vomiting or diarrhea for 24 hours before returning to school
- Any child with suspected pink eye or other contagious skin condition will need to remain at home until they have been on medication for 24 hours.
Please see the other link for more information on when to keep your student home from school. You will also find additional links to related health information and some community resources. As always, please do not hesitate to conctact me with any questions or concerns. My goal is to partner with you and the rest of the Mary Walter Staff to ensure your student's health and safety while they are at school!