*THE ONLINE APPLICATION FOR OUR ACADEMY PROGRAMS IS NOW OPEN!*
Application deadline: March 19th March 26th, 2021 (updated!)
Do you have questions about our academies? On the fence about applying?
Watch our Webinar here: https://youtu.be/VAzb4CpoA9E
STEM ACADEMY PROGRAMS
Fauquier County Public Schools is proud to host 3 unique academies to prepare students for STEM careers through hands-on experiences, cross-curricular studies, industry certifications, and extracurricular opportunities. Academy students may receive medals, certificates, and/or diploma seals at graduation if all requirements are completed.
Beginning with the 2021-2022 school year, transportation will be available for students to travel to their Academy if it is located at a different high school.
Any rising 9th or 10th grader with an interest in these areas may apply to attend one of these programs*
* Due to COVID-19, current 9th graders are able to apply for Academies for the 2021-2022 school year. However, this is the last year students other than rising 9th graders may apply.
- The Cyber Security Academy at Liberty High School
- The Environmental Studies Academy at Fauquier High School
- The iSTEM Academy at Kettle Run High School
- Each academy has a unique set of required and recommended courses and activities for students to complete before graduation.
- Students who do not attend the high school where their academy is located will be half day travel students – much like our students who currently travel to other schools for JROTC and CTE programs. These students may take courses outside the academy at their travel schools. In a given year, they may travel during one or both terms depending on their schedule and courses.
- Each academy has a director who oversees the students, curriculum, and opportunities for that academy.