Claude Thompson Elementary
Student/Parent Quick Facts
Students may be dropped off at 8:00 a.m. (NO EARLIER)
- The academic day begins at 8:35 a.m. and ends at 3:20 p.m.
- If you are bringing your child to school after 8:35 a.m., you MUST park and sign your child in at the office. All outside doors will be locked after that time and your child may be locked out.
- All visitors/volunteers must check-in in the office before moving about the school. You will need a photo ID (license etc..) so that the office staff can scan your information. You must use the “call” button and speak to office personnel in order to enter the building.
- Tardiness and Early Dismissal are counted the same way on the report card
- Notify the office if your child is being picked-up by someone other than you. If your child is riding the bus with another student, a note from both parents is required. Do not leave a message on the answering machine of any dismissal changes. PLEASE TRY TO CALL THE OFFICE WITH ANY DISMISSAL CHANGES OR INFORMATION BEFORE 2:00 P.M.
- Call the office to update telephone numbers, mailing information and emergency contact information.
- Please do not send any medication to school with your child. All medication must be brought to school by an adult with the required medication forms.
- A school newsletter will be sent home every two weeks and will be posted on the school website. Also, please take a moment to sign up on our school Facebook page.
- Every child will have an agenda as well as a “take home folder.” Please use them for communication and check them every night.
- If your child is going to buy lunch on a regular basis, please make sure they have enough money in their account. If you are experiencing financial difficulties, please let the cafeteria manager know (Ann Gray 540-422-7693). If you do NOT want your child to buy breakfast at school, please let us know. Good communication is important. You may have lunch with your child any day.
- Community Service projects are suggested for all grade levels. K-1 (30 mins.) 2-3 (1 hr.) 4-5 (3hrs). As the students complete their projects, they will be asked to display their reflection sheet and any pictures they may have on a small poster board (provided by the school).
- Put your child’s name on all items brought to the school for easy identification.
- Any money sent to school needs to be in an envelope with your child’s name and purpose.
- Copies of all “pacing guides” will be on Blackboard. Please look at them to know what your child is studying and what they will be studying as the year progresses. Keep in mind time frames may vary as adjustments may need to be made due to mastery, school closures, etc….
- Access to Blackboard is given to each student. Login information is available through your child’s teacher.
- Half-day dismissal time is always 12:30 p.m. Keep this in mind so you can plan for your childcare and/or pick-up.
- Our PTO team can be reached by email at Thompsonpto@gmail.com
- Our school phone number is: 540-422-7690 and is available between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. You may leave a message before or after that time.
- To check on a late bus, please go to the Fauquier County website and go to the “Parent” section and then the “Transportation” link. A list of all late buses is posted each day. The direct line to transportation is 540- 422-4270.