Happy Friday Southeastern Families,
Upcoming Field Trips
At the heart of our project-based learning (PBL) methodology here at Southeastern are our interactive, hands-on, real-word field trips. This year, we have many exciting trips planned that will not only cover the Virginia Standards of Learning in all core classes but also connect to our PBL theme of “What will be my legacy?” This fall term, we will be visiting:
- Manassas Battlefield (Manassas, VA)
- McKay’s Used Bookstore (Manassas, VA)
- Roer’s Zoofari Experience (Vienna, VA)
- Marine Corp Museum (Stafford, VA)
Our field trip dates are September 22nd, October 6th, October 20th, and November 17th. We will need a signed permission slip returned to school office no later than Monday, September 20th. See attached or complete the Google form here: https://forms.gle/Dm8n4jq8gfEp8d3X8
Boy, do kids love their cell phones!! While most students are absolutely doing the right thing every day, we do have a few whom continue to struggle with our new cell phone rules. With that said, I have decided that we will continue to follow this year’s new cell phone rules and will assess progress again in 30 days. I encourage you to share this with your child; they know where they can find me if they’d like to discuss it further. I welcome healthy discourse, questions, and alternative viewpoints!
Progress Reports & Report Cards
Middle School progress reports and High School report cards will be mailed to your home but are also available in Infinite Campus today - Friday, September 17th. Here are step-by-step instructions on accessing your child’s grades in Infinite Campus:
- Click this link to Infinite Campus Parent Portal - http://fcps1.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/fauquier.jsp
- Use your same login / password from the Online Registration (OLR) process this summer. Can’t remember that information? Click here for assistance: CampusHelp@fcps1.org
- Once inside Infinite Campus, click on your child’s profile.
- Go to
- Go to High School Report Card or Middle School Progress Report.
If you see an “I” incomplete grade on your child’s report, this simply indicates that special circumstances were considered and extra time / support will be provided so your child can get everything completed. Teachers are not penalizing students for late submissions, however, we all know how hard it can be playing “catch-up” at the last minute. If your child needs assistance understanding content or new skills, please contact her / his teacher and schedule 1:1 office hours. We are here to help!
Have a wonderful weekend,
- Neibauer, Principal email@example.com 540-422-7390