Intramurals & Activities
Philosophy of the Intramural and Activities Program
During the middle school years, students experience significant and dramatic physical, social, intellectual, and emotional changes in life. The middle school intramural and activities program is designed to provide students with age-appropriate opportunities for exploration and enrichment through an introduction to sports programs and other activities with an emphasis on participation and enjoyment.
The Goals of the Intramural and Activities Program
To offer students:
- activities which teach the values of cooperation and teamwork
- opportunities to enhance self-concept and development as an individual
- opportunities to develop pride in and appreciation for the school
- opportunities to develop physically, mentally, emotionally, and socially
- self-discipline and good sportsmanship through athletic participation
- good health habits and safety techniques in all activities
- an incentive to attend school regularly and to earn passing grades
- Students must be enrolled in middle school.
- Students must submit the completed registration/permission/waiver form for each session.
- Students must be in attendance for at least one-half of the school day.
- Students must be in good standing. Students who are assigned to ISD or suspended from school may not participate.
Students must register for each intramural session at their middle school. Though not required for participation in the intramural program, Fauquier County Public Schools highly recommends that students have a physical prior to participating. A signed intramural and activities permission form is required prior to the beginning of each six-week session. A minimum of 15 participants must sign up in order to hold the intramural.
The fee for each intramural or activities session is $35. If a student chooses not to participate or is removed for disciplinary reasons in cooperation with the building administrator after the second meeting date for that program, no refund will be made. Certain non-athletic programs may have consumable materials fees.
Programs that do not meet the minimum enrollment level may be cancelled. Full refunds will be provided for any program cancelled due to low enrollment.
A physical is highly recommended for students participating in athletic programs. Parents of participants are required to inform their program sponsor of any health or medical conditions or allergies that may impact them during the program.
Equipment and Supplies
Students are responsible for the proper use and care of all equipment and supplies they use as part of the intramural and activities program.
Parents must pick up their child on time at 4:30 pm. A participant will be removed from the session after two late pickups and will be ineligible to participate until the next session.
Email Mr. Vincent for more information.