School Counseling Information
Fauquier High School Counseling Department - See important messages below*.
Seniors: Scholarships are currentlhy on line on the "Seniors and Scholarships" page. Please spread the word. New scholarships still coming in!
*SCHOLARSHIPS DUE BACK TO FHS - Any scholarship that is to be returned to the Counseling Office at FHS has a NEW deadline of May 1st. Please check the Seniors and Scholarships site for drop-off instructions and additional information on scholarships. NO ONE WILL MISS OUT AS LONG AS THEY KEEP CHECKING BACK WITH THE WEBSITE AND/OR TWITTER - @FHSCOUNSELING2
*Course selection sheet and instructions are now posted on the "Course Registration" tab.
*FOLLOW US ON TWITTER FOR UP-TO-DATE INFO!
*The Mental Health Association of Fauquier County (mhafc1) is a great resource during these uncertain times. There is a tab at the top of their page for Special Resources Related to COVID-19. The staff is working remotely and is still providing information and referral services. You may also follow the Mental Health Assoc. of Fauquier County on TWITTER @mhafc1.
Click this link to visit the Virginia Wizard for Career & College Exploration and Preg.
College & Career Counseling tab has just been updated! (April 1, 2020)
Terrific resource for ALL students:
Preparing for Senior Year PowerPoint Presentation
Be sure to check out the Newsletter from Mrs. Belinda Knudson, Career Coach, on the College & Career Counseling tab.
FHS School Profile 2019 - 2020: CLICK HERE
- Develop in self-understanding with regard to their values, abilities, interests, and aptitudes;
- Select a program of studies, which will enable them to attain marketable skills and/or further their education;
- Receive occupational and educational information with which to make appropriate education and career choices;
- Understand the process of decision-making and the need to accept the consequences of decisions;
- Gain an appreciation for discipline, respect for authority, and tolerance towards others;
- Be prepared to enter society as responsible and productive citizens, upon graduation.