School Counseling Information
Fauquier High School Counseling Department
Hours: Monday - Friday
7:15 - 3:15PM
5 Ways Parents and Teens Can Cope With College Application Anxiety - CLICK HERE
United States Naval Academy Summer STEM Program! This program is designed to encourage rising 9th - 11th graders to pursue a course of study in science, technology, engineering and mathematics. For one week, campers will create, build, and explore in world-class lab facilities plus much more! CLICK HERE for the brochure. CLICK HERE for the website.
Juniors and Seniors!! Attention!!
Colleges/Universities are coming to FHS. Please check out the "Colleges Coming to FHS" tab for who is coming, when and what time! Just come to the Counseling office to sign up for any of the colleges you would like.
Savannah College of Art & Design/SCAD - December 5th @ 8AM
Cameron's Collection - a new collection of e-books to support mental health and wellness for teens. Over 100 e-books are available on a variety of topics like depression, anxiety, eating disorders, relationship troubles, and so much more! Students can access the books in the privacy of their own homes, 24/7.
If you need a password: schools
*The Mental Health Association of Fauquier County (mhafc1) is a great resource during these uncertain times. There is a tab at the top of their page for Special Resources Related to COVID-19. The staff is working remotely and is still providing information and referral services. You may also follow the Mental Health Assoc. of Fauquier County on TWITTER @mhafc1.
Terrific resource for students and parents/guardians!
- Develop in self-understanding with regard to their values, abilities, interests, and aptitudes;
- Select a program of studies, which will enable them to attain marketable skills and/or further their education;
- Receive occupational and educational information with which to make appropriate education and career choices;
- Understand the process of decision-making and the need to accept the consequences of decisions;
- Gain an appreciation for discipline, respect for authority, and tolerance towards others;
- Be prepared to enter society as responsible and productive citizens, upon graduation.