Guidance Department Information
Fauquier High School Guidance Department
NOW ON TWITTER!
CHECK US OUT TODAY!!
IMPORTANT DATES -
March 1st - MVGS application materials are due to Guidance.
March 5th (rescheduled from Jan. 29th) - Topic Tuesday - AP/Dual Enrollment & College Admissions, FHS Falcon Room at 6:30PM.
April 5th - Deadline for application to the Thomas D. Horne Leadership in the Law Program - CURRENT JUNIORS ONLY. See the "JUNIOR" page for additional information.
April 12th - (*NEW*) Deadline for submitting paperwork for Oliver Hill/Samuel Tucker Pre-Law Institute. Interested in the law and being a future lawyer? Held at the University of Richmond from July 7, 2019 - July 12, 2019. Packets available in Guidance.
April 27th - Academy Day 2019. Senator Mark Warner is inviting students and their parents to attend Academy Day 2019. Students interested in pursuing or possibly pursuing attending one of the United States service academies are encouraged to attend. Students will be able to meet with officials from all 5 academies. See flyer below.
SENIORS - If you are interested in the field of Banking, Marketing, Commercial Lending, Human Resources, etc., the Virginia Bankers Association is sponsoring a VBA Bank Day Scholarship Program on Tuesday, March 19, 2019. You would write a brief essay on your experience of that day and then be eligible for $1,000, $2,500, or $5,000 scholarship. If you are interested, please come to Guidance for additional information.
FHS School Profile: Click here.
- Develop in self-understanding with regard to their values, abilities, interests, and aptitudes;
- Select a program of studies, which will enable them to attain marketable skills and/or further their education;
- Receive occupational and educational information with which to make appropriate education and career choices;
- Understand the process of decision-making and the need to accept the consequences of decisions;
- Gain an appreciation for discipline, respect for authority, and tolerance towards others;
- Be prepared to enter society as responsible and productive citizens, upon graduation.