Virginia Reader's Choice Book Club
What is VRC?
- Ten superb titles are selected by teachers, reading specialists, and librarians across the state
- Club members must read at least 4 nominated books to vote in March.
What are the perks of the club?
- discuss the titles, other great reads and enjoy the company of fellow readers
- have first pick of all new arrivals
- VIP status for library events and programs
- snacks provided at each meeting.
Who can join?
- Any student!
- Sign up with a librarian to join the club.
- Text @eff78d to the number 81010 to receive reminders about meetings and new arrivals.
Where and when do we meet?
- In the library the last Friday of the month during Eagle Block
Sept 29: 10 books presented & students select a
book to read
Oct. 27: Small Group Discussion
Nov. 17: Small Group Discussion
Dec. 15: Small Group Discussion
Jan. 26: Small Group Discussion
Feb. 23: Small Group discussion
Mar. 23: VOTE FOR YOUR FAVORITE TITLE
Apr. 27: Nominations for next year
May 25: Summer reading suggestions
2017 - 18 Reading List
The Notorious RBG: The Life and Times of Ruth Bader Ginsburg by Irin Carmon and Shana Knizhnik
Salt to the Sea by Ruta Sepetys
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
Out of Darkness by Ashley Hope Pérez
More Happy Than Not by Adam Silvera
An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir
Dumplin’ by Julie Murphy
Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
All American Boys by Jason Reynolds and Brendan Kiely
All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven