Parent Resource Center
The Fauquier County Parent Resource Center (PRC) was created to help parents of children with disabilities connect with resources and special education information, including workshops and community resources. A Parent Coordinator is on staff with office hours available upon request by calling 540/422-7116 or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Parent Resource Center has completed recordings of workshops for the 2021-2022 school year. Closed Captioning in Spanish on request! Email title to PRC@fcps1.org.
- Social Security Disability Benefits – SSI and SSDI: what are these programs and how can they help my child?
- DARS Defined – the Department of Aging and Rehabilitative Services
- Virginia Medicaid Waivers Explained – CCC+, and DD waivers: what are they and how can they help my child?
- Special Needs Planning – legal decision making at age 18, financial planning, disability benefits
- WWRC Vocational Programs - Wilson Workforce and Rehabilitation Center
Ideas presented by individuals and organizations are offered as a resource and do not reflect the opinion of or endorsement by Fauquier County Public Schools.
In partnership with the Fauquier Public Library, the Parent Resource Center makes books, periodicals, and DVDs more accessible to families. Resources previously stored at Central Complex have been moved to each of Fauquier Public Library’s three branches. Families may visit www.fauquierlibrary.org to search the library catalog for available resources or visit any Fauquier Public library location for hands-on help from trained information specialists: Items are available for check out on topics including autism, behavioral health, dyslexia, learning disabilities, parenting and much more.