Please see the attached April Newsletter for Auburn PTO news.
- Wednesday, April 14 @ 6:30pm - PTO Meeting
- Tuesday, April 27 from 3-8pm Spirit Night at Effee’s
- May 3-7 Teacher Appreciation Week
***WE NEED YOU! Interested in serving in the Auburn MS Community? Please consider joining the AMS PTO Board OR a Committee for the 2021-2022 school year. Various positions available. Please contact us for further information: email@example.com
- For the second Spring Season the following sports will take place: Boys Cross Country beginning 4/12/21 and Girls Soccer and Baseball on 4/22/21. All students must have a VHSL Physical and Concussion History form on file with Mr. Anderson. Forms are located in the office and gym, or can be found on the Auburn Wildcats Sports website: http://www.auburnwildcats.bigteams.com/ .If you have any questions please email Jeff Anderson at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All students who are trying out for sports, must fill out a COVID symptom form. The form is completed electronically. The QR—Code can be scanned from your phone and completed. The QR—Code can be found in the cafeteria or gym entrance. The COVID symptom form must be completed EVERYDAY before you are allowed to practice. If you do not have a phone, please borrow a friends and complete the form. Each form has separate individual information. Athletes can now go to their Virtual Google PE Meet and fill out the Self Health Assessment Form. It is located under announcements.
Second Session: April-May
Tryouts when needed, will be will conducted for 3 days.
Girls Soccer: First Day of Tryouts 4/22/21: First Game: 5/6/21
Boys Baseball: First Day of Tryouts 4/22/21: First Game: 5/6/21
Boys Cross Country: First Day of Tryouts 4/12/21: First Meet: 5/5/21
AMS dates and information:
Greetings Wildcat Families!
Just a quick message to communicate some important information to our school community.
- Tuesday, April 6 will be the first day of in-person learning for secondary students (6-12). This week students are to attend classes Tuesday-Friday.
- Starting next week, week of April 12th, Wednesdays will be asynchronous days for students. Students will attend classes 4 days a week Mondays, Tuesday, Thursdays & Fridays.
- Please ensure students bring in their school issued chrome books fully charged daily
- Bell and lunch schedule will remain the same (please see attached for a copy of our Bell Schedule)
- Breakfast will be made available to students up until 7:40am.
- Meal bags- Hybrid Students Take-Home Meal Bags Tuesdays during bus dismissal. All other children Grab & Go Meal Bags Wednesdays 11-12.
- The Book fair runs April 6-16. We will be open for the physical fair during school hours and on Wednesday, April 14 from 8am - 1pm. Any student who wants to browse the fair privately may do so on that day. Student may also access our book fair virtually by using this link https://www.scholastic.com/bf/auburnmiddleschool
As always, if you have any questions please contact the school for clarification.
- Beginning on April 6th both cafeteria lines will be open for all students
- Only 1 student will be permitted through the lunch line at a time
- The FREE breakfast & lunch program will continue until the end of the 20-21 school year (1 meal each per child is offered)
- No “A la cart” or known as “Extras” will be sold to students until we are certain all students have the proper amount of time to eat once they have gone through the serving line. We will revisit this at a later date in April.
- In-school student THMB will be distributed on Tuesdays only during dismissal from the cafeteria and students will exit from the cafeteria doors to the bus loop or parent pick-up
- THMB will consist of 3 full reimbursable meals & a 5 day after school snack pack
- G&G will remain a drive though service on Wednesday’s 11:00-12:00 for any child living in Fauquier county and are between the ages of 2-18 (pre-school, 100% virtual, homeschool, private school, college)
- Tuesday & Wednesday Meal Bag distribution schedule will not change unless inclement weather or school cancelations
Congratulations to the Auburn Middle School 2020-2021 Teacher of the Year: Patricia Walker!
Greetings Wildcat families!
Please see the below friendly reminders regarding attendance procedures here at Auburn Middle School
- Students are expected to attend on their scheduled days. For example, AA students are expected to attend on Monday & Tuesday while BB students are expected to attend on Thursday & Friday
- If a student (Hybrid or Virtual) is going to be absent, please notify the school at email@example.com or 540-422-7419 by 7:30AM
- If a student is Hybrid and needs to attend virtually for any reason, a parent must make contact with school attendance by 7:30 AM
- If your child will be absent or hybrid attending virtually for the day for a medical reason, you can, instead, contact the school nurse at 540-422-7416 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If we do not hear from a parent/guardian, the student will be marked as an unexcused absence
We appreciate your cooperation in our ongoing efforts to keep an open line of communication and for the health and safety of our students/staff here at AMS
AMS parents and guardians:
For the safety and welfare of our students, parents and guardians are required to contact the AMS attendance office to report any absence including students who are hybrid and choose to go virtual. Please call: 540-422-7419 or email email@example.com no later than 7:30 AM.
AMS Student Photos
Student portraits are now available to view and order online (Orders placed online will ship home) at vosphoto.com/auburn.
The link for parents to order their child's picture is VOSphoto.com/auburn
The "school code" is their child's ID number.
The pictures of the students that have been photographed are up for viewing, so the parents can see their child's picture before ordering.
Parent questions or concerns regarding portraits can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
-IMPORTANT EMAILS TO WHITELIST
Parents, please whitelist the following emails, which may help ensure delivery.
Emails to Whitelist:
Whitelist instructions can be found below:
The website for Blackboard is more reliable and current than the Blackboard app. We strongly recommend using the website for grades and announcements. Thank you.
-REGISTRATION FOR NEW STUDENTS TO FAUQUIER COUNTY SCHOOLS-
Please follow this link: Online Enrollment Click on "New Families" and follow all the steps. The process must be completed on a computer, not a phone, tablet, etc.. After you have submitted the completed form, please contact the registrar at AMS Registrar (email@example.com) to make an appointment to complete the registration process. You are required to present an original birth certificate, shot records showing proof of a T-Dap booster shot and proof of residency. Approved documents can be found here.