School Board Actions 8-19-19
The Fauquier County School Board met August 19, 2019, and took the following official actions. For further information on these items, see supporting documents with the August 19, 2019, School Board agenda on the school division web page.
- Approved the consent agenda which included minutes from the July 22, 2019 School Board meeting, revisions to Community Relations and Support Services Policies, monthly bills and payroll, and personnel recommendations consisting of new and newly hired (29 teachers, 3 school counselors, 1 director of school counseling, 1 speech pathologist, 1 librarian, 7 instructional assistants, 10 school nutrition workers, 1 school nutrition manager, 2 office associates, 2 secretary/bookkeepers, 2 custodians, 18 bus drivers, 2 bus aides), resigned (6 teachers, 2 school counselors, 4 instructional assistants, 1 nutrition managers, 9 nutrition workers, 3 bus drivers, 2 custodians, 1 interpreter).
- Approved the request to establish an elementary and division-wide lead counselor supplement.
- Approved the request to increase the hourly rate for homebound teachers from $25/hour to $30/hour.
- Approved the establishment of a kindergarten teacher position at Grace Miller Elementary School.
- Approved the establishment of a full-time electronics technician in the Department of Facilities and Construction.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Thursday, August 22 – Building Committee meeting at 8:30 a.m. in the school board office conference room.
- Thursday, September 5 - Special Education Advisory Committee meeting at 6 p.m. in central complex building A.
- Monday, September 9- School Board meeting at 7 p.m. in the FHS Falcon Room.
- Thursday, September 19 - MVGS Governing Board meeting at 8 a.m. in the Warren County School Board office.
- Monday, September 23 – Finance Committee meeting at 5 p.m. in the FHS Library.