- Marshall Middle
School Board Actions 6-10-19
The Fauquier County School Board met June 10, 2019, and took the following official actions. For further information on these items, see supporting documents with the June 10, 2019, School Board agenda on the school division web page.
- Approved the consent agenda which included minutes from the May 13, 2019, School Board meeting; monthly bills and payroll; FY 2020 calendar revisions; revisions to Policy 5-7.6, Employee Absences; signature authority to Prashant Shrestha and Major Warner; the Carl Perkins Grant; and personnel recommendations consisting of the renewal of all employees and new and newly hired (7 assistant principals, 1 literacy coach, 1 HR administrator, 1 activities director, 1 guidance counselor, 2 diagnosticians, 32 teachers, and 2 instructional assistants), retired (4 teachers, 1 area building manager, 1 business analyst, 1 secretary/bookkeeper, 1 office associate, 2 instructional assistants, and 1 bus driver; 2 school nutrition managers, 2 bus drivers and 1 bus aide), resigned (2 principals, 1 assistant principal, 2 psychologists, 1 school social worker, 1 dual language specialist, 1 speech and language pathologist, 24 teachers, 3 instructional assistants, 1 office associate and 2 bus drivers). Among the personnel actions was the appointment of Jamie Edgar as assistant principal of H.M. Pearson Elementary School, Thomas Hodge as assistant principal of Southeastern Alternative School, Kimberly Holcomb as assistant principal of J.G. Brumfield Elementary School, Eric Kelly as assistant principal of P.B. Smith Elementary School, Krystal Otto as assistant principal of Kettle Run High School, Jesse Rivera as assistant principal of Kettle Run High School, Colleen Robson as assistant principal of Fauquier High School, Mark Ott as activities director of Fauquier High School, Linda Lee as HR administrator and Kathy Crane as elementary literacy coach.
- Approved the revisions to Policy 6-1.4, School Year/School Day.
- Approved the Title I, Title II and Title III ESSA Grants.
- Approved Title I, Part C - Education of Migratory Children Regional Program Agreement.
- Adopted a Resolution to Affirm the School Board’s Desire to Participate in the County’s OPEB Trust and to Authorize the Superintendent to Execute an Agreement with the County to Participate in the County’s OPEB Trust.
- Approved the revisions to Policy 7-3.1, Code of Student Conduct.
- Approved the contract award to Vertex for replacement of the shingle roof at Pierce ES.
- Approved the contract award to TMG for the remodeling of the FHS culinary arts lab.
- Approved the request to reclassify six math specialist positions to math coaches for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Approved the request to increase the contract hours for an ESL interpreter position from 30 hours/week to 37.5 hours/week.
- Approved the request to increase the contract months for the ESL intake specialist position from a 10-month contract at 180 days to an 11-month contract at 216 days.
- Approved the request to extend the contract for one high school testing coordinator from 10 to 11 months.
- Approved the request to reclassify a special education teacher position to a full-time permanent BCBA position with the Special Education Department.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Monday, June 17 - Parks and Rec Coop meeting at 8:30 a.m. in the school administration conference room.
- There will NOT be a School Board meeting on Monday, July 8.
- Thursday, July 11 - Personnel Committee meeting at 8 a.m. in the school administration conference room.
- Monday, July 22 - School Board meeting at 6 p.m. in the school administration conference room. The work session will begin at 6 p.m., and the regular meeting will follow.
- Thursday, July 25 - Building Committee meeting at 8:30 a.m. in the school administration conference room.
- Monday, August 12 - Finance Committee meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the FHS Library.
- Monday, August 12 - School Board meeting at 7 p.m. in the FHS Falcon Room. If a brief work session is necessary, it will begin at 6 p.m.