School Board Actions 9-9-19
The Fauquier County School Board met September 9, 2019, and took the following official actions. For further information on these items, see supporting documents with the September 9, 2019, School Board agenda on the school division web page.
- Approved the consent agenda which included minutes from the August 19, 2019, School Board meeting, monthly bills and payroll, and personnel recommendations consisting of new and newly hired (1 school counselor, 3 instructional assistants, 1 school nutrition worker, and 2 safety and security officers), retired (1 office associate), and resigned (3 nutrition workers, 1 bus driver, 1 custodian, 1 school health nurse, and 1 office manager).
- Authorized the Chairman to sign the Real Estate Purchase Agreement between the Fauquier County School Board and June H. Grimes in the amount of $312,500 and adopt the resolution to purchase aforementioned real estate.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Thursday, September 12 - Personnel Committee meeting at 8 a.m. in the school board office conference room.
- Monday, September 16 – Parks and Rec Coop meeting at 9:30 a.m. in the school board office conference room.
- Thursday, September 19 - MVGS Governing Board meeting at 8 a.m. in the Warren County School Board office.
- Monday, September 23 – Finance Committee meeting at 5 p.m. in the school board office conference room.
- Monday, September 23 - School Board Work Session at 6 p.m. in the school board office conference room.
- Thursday, September 26 – Building Committee meeting at 8:30 a.m. in the school board office conference room.
- Thursday, November 7 - Special Education Advisory Committee meeting at 6 p.m. in central complex building A.
- Tuesday, October 15 - School Board meeting at 7 p.m. at Fauquier High School.