School Board Actions 3-11-19
The Fauquier County School Board met March 11, 2019, and took the following official actions. For further information on these items, see supporting documents with the March 11, 2019, School Board agenda on the school division web page.
- Approved the consent agenda which included minutes from the February 18, 2019 School Board meeting and work session and the February 25, 2019 School Board meeting and budget public hearing; monthly bills and payroll; and personnel recommendations consisting of retired (2 teachers and 1 custodian), resigned (4 teachers, 1 school health nurse, 1 instructional assistant, 1 bus driver, and 1 school nutrition employee), and released (1 custodian).
- Approved the secondary math textbook adoption.
- Approved an additional Special Education Advisory Committee member.
- Adopted the Superintendent’s FY 2020 Proposed Budget.
Important Upcoming Dates
- The March Personnel Committee meeting has been cancelled.
- Thursday, March 14 - Joint work session at 4 p.m. with the Board of Supervisors in the Warren Green Building 1st floor meeting room to discuss the FY 2020 budget and middle schools.
- Thursday, March 21 - MVGS Governing Board meeting at 8 a.m. in the Warren County SBO.
- Thursday, March 28 - Building Committee meeting at 8:30 a.m. in the school administration conference room.
- Wednesday, April 3 - Health Advisory Committee meeting at 8 a.m. in the central building conference room.
- Tuesday, March 19 - School Support Council forum at 6:30 p.m. in the FHS Falcon Room and livestreamed on the School Support Council's Facebook page. This forum's topic will be mental health.
- Thursday, April 4 - Fauquier Excellence in Education Foundation meeting at 4:30 p.m. in the school administration conference room.
- Monday, April 8 - Finance Committee meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the FHS library.
- Monday, April 8 - School Board Meeting at 7 p.m. in the Effie Bell Cafeteria.