Return to Headlines
School Board Actions 1-7-19
The Fauquier County School Board met Jan. 7, 2019, and took the following official actions. For further information on these items, see supporting documents with the Jan. 7, 2019 School Board agenda on the school division web page.
- Elected Ms. Suzanne Sloane as the Chairman of the Fauquier County School Board.
- Elected Mr. Duke Bland as the Vice Chairman of the Fauquier County School Board.
- Appointed Ms. Ginger Callahan as Clerk of the Fauquier County School Board.
- Appointed Mr. Prashant Shrestha as Deputy Clerk of the Fauquier County School Board.
- Approved and authorized Mr. Major Warner to attend all meetings of the School Board and to sign all Virginia Department of Education correspondence in the absence of the Division Superintendent.
- Appointed Ms. Suzanne Sloane as voting delegate and Mr. Brian Gorg as alternate voting delegate to represent the Fauquier County School Board at the VSBA Business Session of the VSBA Annual Convention in November of 2019.
- Appointed Ms. Suzanne Sloane and Mr. Don Mason to the Finance Committee, Mr. Duke Bland and Ms. Donna Grove to the Building Committee, Ms. Suzanne Sloane and Mr. Brian Gorg to the Personnel Committee, Mr. Brian Gorg and Ms. Donna Grove to the Parks and Rec Coop Committee, and Mr. Duke Bland to serve on the MVGS Governing Board.
- Declared the second Monday of each month at 7 p.m. as the meeting time for their regular monthly meeting, and that the meetings shall be held in the Falcon Room at Fauquier High School or other location as designated by the School Board, in accordance with Virginia law.
- Declared that a work session will be held at 6 p.m. prior to the 7 p.m. meeting on the second Monday of each month, when needed and/or a School Board work session and special meeting be held on the fourth Monday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in the school administration conference room, when needed.
- Adopted the 2019 Bylaws and Rules of Procedure with the revision to remove the last sentence in section 2-4 F.
- Reaffirmed their approval and adoption of the VSBA Code of Conduct.
- Approved the personnel recommendations including new and newly hired (1 teacher and 1 instructional assistant), retired (2 teachers and 1 guidance counselor), resigned (2 teachers, 1 bus driver and 1 instructional assistant).
- Approved the 2019-2020 and 2020-2021 School Year Calendars and authorized the Superintendent to make any necessary revisions that may be necessary throughout the year due to inclement weather.
- Approved the revisions to Policy 4-5.1, School Nutrition Program Management.
- Approved the 2019 VSBA Legislative Priorities.