- Walter Elementary
School Board Actions 5-13-19
The Fauquier County School Board met May 13, 2019, and took the following official actions. For further information on these items, see supporting documents with the May 13, 2019, School Board agenda on the school division web page.
- Approved the consent agenda which included minutes from the April 9, 2019, School Board work session and meeting, monthly bills and payroll, and Revisions to Policy 6-4.4, Graduation, Standard and Verified Credits, and SOL Requirements.
- Adopted an annual tuition rate of $9,138 for the school year 2019-2020.
- Approved personnel recommendations consisting of new and newly hired (3 principals, 1 director of facilities, 1 custodian and 1 school nutrition employee), retired (1 principal, 1 guidance counselor, 1 librarian, 13 teachers, and 1 bus driver), resigned (1 guidance counselor, 1 speech and language pathologist, 14 teachers, 1 secretary/bookkeeper, 1 instructional assistant, 5 bus drivers, and 1 custodian), and released (2 bus drivers). Among the personnel actions was the appointment of Debbie Diaz-Arnold as principal of Miller Elementary School, Mark Malloy as principal of Warrenton Middle School, Mark Marchinetti as principal of Pearson Elementary School, and Tom Edwards as director of facilities.
- Approved the High School Program Innovation Grant.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Thursday, May 16 - MVGS Governing Board meeting at 8 a.m. in the Warren County School Board office.
- Monday, May 20 - Southeastern's graduation at 10:30 a.m. at the school.
- Wednesday, May 22 - Fauquier High School's graduation at 6 p.m. on Falcon Field.
- Thursday, May 23 - Liberty High School's graduation at 7 p.m. at Jiffy Lube Live.
- Friday, May 24 - Kettle Run High School's graduation at 6 p.m. at Cougar Stadium.
- Tuesday, June 4 - Building Committee meeting at 8:30 a.m. at Cedar Lee Middle School for a site visit.
- Monday, June 10 - Finance Committee meeting at 5:30 p.m. in the FHS Library.
- Monday, June 10 - School Board Meeting at 7 p.m. in the FHS Falcon Room. If a brief work session is necessary, the work session and time will be announced when the June 10 School Board agenda is posted.