School Board Actions 10-15-19
The Fauquier County School Board met October 15, 2019, and took the following official actions. For further information on these items, see supporting documents with the October 15, 2019, School Board agenda on the school division web page.
- Approved the consent agenda which included minutes from the September 9, 2019, School Board meeting and September 23, 2019, School Board work session, monthly bills and payroll, Resolution Recognizing October 2019 as National Bullying Prevention Month, Resolution Recognizing October 2019 as Virginia Disability History and Awareness Month, and personnel recommendations consisting of new and newly hired (3 teachers, 2 school health nurses, 5 instructional assistants, 4 school nutrition workers, 1 school nutrition manager, 2 school custodians, 1 ESL interpreter, 1 school bus aide, and 7 school bus drivers), retired (1 instructional assistant and 1 bus aide), resigned (1 nutrition worker, 1 custodian, and 3 instructional assistants), and released (1 school nutrition worker).
- Approved the Market Adjustments for the School Nutrition Workforce as recommended this evening.
- Approved the FY 19 End-of-Year Carryover Funds as proposed.
- Approved the request to appoint a School Board member to the Special Education Regional Center Board as proposed.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Wednesday, October 23 - Building Committee meeting at 8 a.m. in the School Board Office.
- Monday, October 28 - The Finance Committee meeting at 4 p.m. in the School Board Office.
- Monday, October 28 - School Board work session at 6 p.m. in the School Board Office.
- Thursday, November 7 - Special Education Advisory Committee meeting at 6 p.m. in the central building A conference room.
- Monday, November 18 - School Board meeting at 7 p.m. at Fauquier HS.