School Board Actions 10-14-20
The Fauquier County School Board met October 12, 2020, and took the following official actions. For further information on these items, see supporting documents with the October 12, 2020, School Board agenda on the school division web page.
- Upheld the Superintendent’s recommendations for disciplinary action consistent with the Student Code of Conduct in student case number 011320-A.
- Approved the consent agenda which included minutes from the September 14, and September 23, School Board meetings, monthly bills and payroll, and personnel recommendations consisting of new and newly hired (2 teachers, 3 instructional assistants, 2 office associates and 2 school health nurses), retired (1 office associate), and resigned (2 teachers, 2 instructional assistants, 1 assistant nutrition manager, 1 food service associate, 1 safety and security officer, 2 office associates and 7 bus drivers).
- Approved the withdrawal from the Fauquier, Rappahannock, and Warren Counties Special Education Regional Program and the termination of the MOU with Rappahannock and Warren Counties.
- Approved and authorized Stantec to enter into the third phase of contracted services and begin documenting design for construction [additions and renovations to Cedar Lee Middle School] whereas, per section 3.3 of the contract, the architect submitted the design development documents on October 9, 2020, the school board has reviewed and discussed the design during the current phase, and the school board is in agreement that the design aligns with the scope as intended and amended.
- Approved the revisions to Policy 6-3.5 as proposed at the September 14 School Board Meeting.
Important Upcoming Dates
- MVGS Meeting scheduled for October 15, is canceled.
- Building Committee Meeting – October 22, at 8:30 a.m. at the School Board Office.
- School Board Work Session – October 26, at 6 p.m. at Fauquier High School.
- Special Education Advisory Committee Meeting – November 5, at 6:00 p.m. via Zoom.
- School Board Meeting – November 9, at 7 p.m. at a location TBD.
- Finance Committee Meeting – November 9, at 5 p.m. at Fauquier High School.
- Personnel Committee Meeting – November 12, at 8 a.m. at the School Board Office.