School Board Actions 4-9-19
The Fauquier County School Board met April 9, 2019, and took the following official actions. For further information on these items, see supporting documents with the April 9, 2019, School Board agenda on the school division web page.
- Approved the consent agenda which included minutes from the February 27, 2019 School Board meeting and work session, March 11, 2019 School Board meeting and work session, and the March 14, 2019 joint work session; monthly bills and payroll; music textbook resources adoption; special education curriculum and textbook adoption; special education annual plan; one religious exemption; and personnel recommendations consisting of new and newly hired (2 principals, 1 safety and security officer, 1 school health nurse and 1 custodian), retired (1 principal, 2 teachers, 1 librarian, 1 clerk to the school board, 1 instructional assistant, 1 bus driver, 1 school nutrition employee and 1 custodian), resigned (15 teachers, 1 HR administrator, 3 instructional assistants, 1 bus driver, and 1 school nutrition employee).
- Adopted the Resolution to Award the Medical and Pharmacy Insurance Contract to Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield.
- Adopted the Resolution to Award the Dental Insurance Contract to Delta Dental of Virginia.
- Adopted the Resolution to Adopt the FY 2020 Fauquier County Public Schools Budget.
- Adopted the Resolution to Adopt the Middle School Renovation/Addition Conceptual Plan.
- Awarded the Broadband Connectivity to Comcast Cable, and authorized the School Board Chairman to sign a contract between the Fauquier County School Board and Comcast Cable Communications Management, LLC, upon review and approval of the agreement by the School Board attorney.
- Approved the Agreement to Establish and Operate the Fauquier-Rappahannock Regional Special Education Program.
- Approved the purchase of public safety radio equipment under an existing cooperative contract.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Wednesday, April 10 - Ms. Grove and Ms. Sloane will attend the Northeastern Regional meeting at 5:30 p.m. in Manassas.
- The April Personnel Committee meeting is canceled.
- Thursday, April 18 - MVGS Governing Board meeting at 8 a.m. in the Warren County SBO.
- Thursday, April 25 - Building Committee meeting at 8:30 a.m. in the school administration conference room.
- Wednesday, May 1 - Health Advisory Committee meeting at 8 a.m. in the central building conference room.
- Thursday, May 2 - Fauquier Excellence in Education Foundation meeting at 4:30 p.m. in the school administration conference room.
- Thursday, May 2 - Special Education Advisory Committee meeting at 6 p.m. in the central building A conference room.