- Fauquier County Public Schools
School Board Actions 12-9-19
The Fauquier County School Board met December 9, 2019, and took the following official actions. For further information on these items, see supporting documents with the December 9, 2019, School Board agenda on the school division web page.
- Approved the consent agenda which included minutes from the November 16, 2019, School Board retreat and November 25, 2019, School Board meeting; monthly bills and payroll; and personnel recommendations consisting of new and newly hired (1 teacher, 1 instructional assistant, 1 head custodian, 1 custodian), resigned (1 teacher, 1 office associate, 1 custodian, 1 bus driver), and released (1 lead cook).
- Adopted the resolution recognizing Mr. Mason for his service on the Fauquier County School Board.
- Adopted the resolution recognizing Mr. Gorg for his service on the Fauquier County School Board.
- Approved revisions to the following human resource policies (5-3.2 Tobacco-Free Schools, 5-4.2 Licensure/Relicensure of Professional Staff, 5-4.3 Licensed Personnel: Contracts)
- Approved the budget goals and calendar for fiscal year 2021 per the presentation and discussion at the November 16 School Board retreat providing guidance on continuing to move the workforce to 100% of market and addressing the needs for public education in Fauquier County and authorized administration to update the public information related to the budget process as needed.
Important Upcoming Dates
- Thursday, December 12 - Personnel Committee meeting at 8 a.m. in the school administration conference room.
- Thursday, December 12 - Building Committee meeting at 8:30 a.m. in the school administration conference room.
- Monday, December 16 - Parks and Rec Coop meeting at 9:30 a.m. in the school administration conference room
- Monday, January 6 - School Board organization meeting at 6 p.m. in the school administration conference room.
- Thursday, January 9 - Special Education Advisory Committee meeting at 6 p.m. in central complex building A.