Return to Headlines
School Board Actions 6-29-20
July 3, 2020
The Fauquier County School Board met June 29, 2020, and took the following official actions. For further information on these items, see supporting documents with the June 29, 2020, School Board agenda on the school division web page.
- Approved the consent agenda which included religious exemption 062920.01 and personnel recommendations consisting of new and newly hired (11 teachers, 1 assistant principal, 1 behavior interventionist, 1 school counselor, 5 instructional assistants, 2 office associates, 1 school nurse, 1 director of school nutrition), retired (1 instructional assistant), and resigned (1 teacher, 1 assistant principal, 2 office associates). The personnel recommendations included the announcement of Shawn Morton as the new assistant principal at Coleman Elementary School.
- Approved the application submitted to the VSBA for their Excellence in Workplace Readiness Award.
- Approved the revisions to Policy 7-3.1, Code of Student Conduct.
- Approved the Fauquier County Public Schools 2020-2021 application under the CARES Act.
- Approved the Fauquier County Public Schools 2020-2021 application under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
- Approved the 2020-21 Perkins Grant Budget.
- Approved the first amendment of the 2020-21 calendar to move the first day of school for students from August 12 to no earlier than August 19. The Board will consider all other calendar changes at the School Board meeting on July 13.
- Approved the resolution as proposed and declares Parcels 7900-42-7735-000 and 7900-42-6542-000 surplus to the needs of Fauquier County Public Schools, as authorized by Virginia Code Section 22.1-129(A); the desire to convey the properties to a private purchaser in an amount not less than its assessed value; respectfully and respectively requests authorization from the Fauquier County Board of Supervisors to use any proceeds from the sale of the properties for capital improvement projects as permitted by Virginia Code Section 22.1-129(A); and directs its Chairman to sign all documents necessary for the proper conveyance of the properties to the purchaser, upon the approval of the School Board's legal counsel and to arrange to have such documents recorded in the Clerk's Office of the Circuit Court.